Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Television, Food, and Other Randoms...

Ah...life. The joys of it. I'm a bit behind on typing out my personal blog...that was due like two weeks ago...but God knows I've rewritten it a few times by now, with a different topic for each one. The one I got furthest on in researching was on Joe the Plumber, but show's over, Obama won, McCain lost, old news, and no one really cares anymore. Well, maybe someone out there does...it's just not me and therefore won't be on my list of things to take time out for and write 500 words about.
I'm sure you're probably thinking that, "Well, not many things are". Eh, jokes on you, you'd be surprised. There are many things that I'd LOVE to take time out for and write about. Will I? No. There's probably something good on TV in which my time can be spent watching other people's productions rather than creating my own. It will never get me recognition, but I'll never have to think or put in effort either, and as long as it comes with cookies, cake, ice cream, or even a really good steak or something, then it's a win-win situation. Immediate happiness at no cost. Except maybe that of cable, unless you watch local television, which is free until February 2009 when you will need a digital converter box. To which I recommend to you, the things are costing up to $80 dollars in some cases, but the government is giving $40 dollar coupons to every household. And you get two of them. But you have to apply. So you probably should. Here is the website.

https://www.dtv2009.gov/

Save money. Use it to buy something else, like dinner, or a sweater, or a new TV. Though I don't suggest buying the latter, as then you will need a converter box for that as well. Actually, the new TVs come with them built in. Well, some do. I don't know. My biggest aspiration is still praying hard enough for the Brady Bunch to come back to TVLand, or of course, Daria to come back to MTV or the N. Not that I leave my bedroom to watch either. But hey, maybe if something besides "Paris Hilton's New Best Friend" would be aired, my vampiristic self would go out into the world every so often. Or the living room, at least.

So now it's a week later since I begun typing the first part, and I'm sitting in the UC with Tiffany staring at a handsome XY-chromosomed specimen. I am intrigued by his hair. It's shiny. Apparently, the bookstore is having a sale until the thirtieth of this month. Buy any one item and get the second 50% off. It's a "Stock Up Sale". Though I recommend print the "U of M" symbol off the internet and taping it on to your folders, and buying said folders from Target or something. Because, people, if we're saving money on our digital conversion, we might as well save some on folders, which are probably significantly cheaper at Walmart and Target. Use the money on food, once again. Because what else do we have in life to spend money on besides feeding ourselves, or donating money to feed or help others? Hm...TV. Once again.

And now I am fidgeting. And thinking about how we have so many so-called "friends" who we don't even like, but just put up with. Why? I don't know...it's a good question. If someone drives you half crazy, what makes it so difficult to just walk away from that person? Now I feel like I'm starting to sound like Carrie Bradshaw, whose character is based on a real person by the way, and I'm going to shut up before I start blogging about relationships or something mushy. Yeah. So...that's my blog.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

LoL
*Deep comment right here.

Amouna said...

Lol. Yes. It's so shallow that you just have to look for the deeper meaning...L..laugh...O..out...L...Loud...Hmm...such short letters for such a long phrase by comparison..